Knee pain is a problem that many people experience for several reasons, often being required to use braces and sleeves. This article will talk about the causes of knee pain and what people can do to address it. These 9 remedies will also be provided to alleviate the people who suffer from knee pain.
The knee is the most complex and largest joints that you can find in your body meaning that a lot of things can happen. It is vulnerable to damage and pain since you need to carry your whole body’s weight so that you can do weight bearing things such as jumping and running.
Because of this, you can usually find knee pain problem in athletes. If you are active in sports, there is a high risk that your knees can be damaged. It is important to note that athletes are not the only ones who experience knee pain but also those people who are overweight or getting older.
How To Cure Knee Pain
Knee pain usually happens by accident so it is not easy to prevent. However, there are certain precautions for injuries to happen in the first place. Here are some tips that you can follow when you exercise or do a high impact physical activity:
• Make sure that a gradual increase in your workout intensity takes place
• Stop exercising if knee pain is felt
• Choose shoes that fits you well, has a lot of support and replace when needed
• Stretch before embarking on a physical activity and after, remember to include your legs
It is a great idea to add exercises that strengthens the muscle around your knee reducing the pressure that your body weight gives on your joints. Even though you do not want to cause added strain to a join, there are several knee strengthening exercises that will strengthen the muscles without causing additional damage.
Natural Knee Pain Remedies
Here are 10 knee pain home remedies from pastes, lotions and teas.
1. Bark White Willow Tea
Bark willow extract is used to give pain relief and treat inflammation in persons who are suffering from arthritis. It has salicylic acid which is abundant in aspirin. Cinnamon on the other hand, has antioxidant properties as well as anti-inflammatory.
- Put 2 teaspoon of white willow bark in a 9 ounces of water
- Boil for up to 10 minutes
- Let it steep for up to 30 minutes
- Strain and include honey and cinnamon
If you are sensitive or allergic to aspirin, suffer from tinnitus or gastrointestinal disorder, avoid drinking white willow bark tea.
2. Ginger Tea and Spicy Turmeric
Turmeric has antioxidant properties that can reduce pain. It also has curcumin, a powerful antioxidant that can slow rheumatoid arthritis’ progression. It is noted by many people that it is a big cause of knee pain. Ginger is also used to lessen the pain and also has anti-inflammatory compounds.
- Boil 1 cup of water
- Include ¼ tsp. ground ginger and ¼ tsp. ground turmeric
- Let it simmer
- Leave it for up to 15 minutes
- Strain and and honey for flavour
3. Turmeric Paste
You can also create a turmeric paste and apply to your knee joints for a quick relief.
- Mix 3 tbsp. of turmeric with 3.5 cups of water
- Wait for it to boil
- Leave it until a thick paste is form (estimated time is 8 minutes)
- When you see it thicken, keep stirring to escape scorching
- Add water if needed
- Apply to your knee joint
Put the remaining paste away in a jar made of ass and store it inside the fridge.
4. Epsom Salt Soak
Epsom Salt is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and it is being used to treat pain especially sore muscles. It also has magnesium sulphate which has a historical foundation chemically and it is widely used for relieving pain.
- Fill a tub of warm water
- Add about 2 cups of pure Epsom Salt
- Soak for about 15 minutes
5. Cherry Juice and Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar can be used for several things. It has phosphorus, potassium, calcium and magnesium which are all important for join pain relief. It also has antioxidant elements which makes it great for knee pain and arthritis pain alleviation. Cherries have anthocyanin which is great for combatting inflammation.
- Mix 1 tsp. of pure apple cider vinegar and cherry juice
- Drink a maximum of twice a day
6. Cayenne Pepper Massage Oil
Cayenne peppers are known for its chemical called capsaicin which gives heat. It has analgesic ingredients which can help reduce pain. A burning sensation will be felt as a substance called P will be released when it alerts that the body has an injury.
- Put ½ tsp. of cayenne pepper to a cup of olive oil or any plant oil
- Mix and put onto the knee joint
7. Apple Cider Vinegar Mixture
If you are not keen on drinking apple cider vinegar, then this lotion can be your alternative
• Mix 1 tbsp. of coconut oil and 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
• Rub to the knee joint
8. Cayenne Pepper Lotion
You can also mix cayenne pepper to any unscented, hypoallergenic lotion.
- Mix up to ½ tsp. cayenne pepper with lotion
- Apply to the affected area
- Wash your hands after applying the lotion and make sure that you don’t touch your eyes afterwards
9. Fenugreek Seeds
Because of their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, fenugreek seeds can alleviate knee pain.
- Soak up to 2 tsp. fenugreek seeds in clean water overnight
- Strain them the next day and consume
These home remedies will help give relief to your aching knee when you need it the most. These ingredients can usually be found in your kitchen. Just make sure that you are not allergic to the ingredients before making them. Stop using if you feel itchiness on your knee joint area.
Athletes can also benefit in doing these knee pain home remedies after training or at the onset of pain. It is best to stop exercising when pain is felt and consult a doctor.
Best Knee Braces
Best Knee Sleeves